Faithful Women of Good Hope
Serving God and Others
GOOD HOPE LUTHERAN CHURCH We are grounded in faith, gathered in love, and sent with a purpose; so that others may gain the Kingdom!
Don’t forget to check out Good Hope’s Facebook page!
Please fill out a worship registration card (the backside on communion Sundays) each week and place the card in the offering plates when they are passed.
The altar flowers are given in honor of their anniversary on May 26 by Chuck and Cindy Snyder.
The stairwell flowers are given in honor of Kylie Ehrhart’s birthday on May 22nd by Jeff and Buck Ehrhart, Steve (Jill) Ehrhart, Donnie & Bonnie Ley, and Ralph & Judy Ehrhart.
This week at a glance: May 22 - 28, 2022
Today 8:30 AM Worship Service
9:30 AM Sun. Sch. / Yth Choir & Bells
Last Confirmation Class
10:45 AM Worship Service
Mon 7:00 PM Emmaus Circle
Tue 10:00 AM Bible Study
5:00 PM Finance
Wed 6:30 PM Praise Choir
No Bell Choir
7:00 PM Sr. Choir
Thu Last day of preschool
Noon Ascension Day Service
5:00 PM Outreach Comm
6:30 PM Exec Comm
7:00 PM Council
Sat 8:00 AM Men of Hope
Ascension Day Worship
Come to the auditorium at noon on Thursday, May 26 to a half-hour worship service. If you wish, bring your lunch and eat during the service, or come early and eat, or stay after and eat. WELCA will have beverages and cookies for you. Anyone may come to this service; that includes MEN! There is NO need to RSVP.
It is time to sign up for special music for this summer’s Sunday worship services. Please call the church office if you can help! Thanks.
JULY 13, 14, 15
B.O.R.N. GARAGE SALE
Please start saving your “stuff” for this sale that benefits our B.O.R.N. ministry. -Stewardship Comm.
Emanuel Lutheran Church, 241 S. Prospect Street, Marion invites Good Hope to their Ascension service on Thursday May 26th at 7pm. Holy Communion will be celebrated. All are welcome.
The Parish Education Committee is compiling the new list of our young drivers. If you have obtained your first driver’s license since last summer, let secretary, Carol Hepner, know so you can be added. On July 3rd, we’ll invite you to stand during either service so your Good Hope family can pray for your safe travels while undertaking this huge responsibility.
The Gifts of Hope Committee is offering a college scholarship to Good Hope members during the first four years following high school graduation. Students who enlist in the armed services after high school will be eligible the first four years after the completion of their duty. You must be a full-time student to be eligible for this scholarship. Deadline to apply is June 5. The application form may be picked up from
the church office.
The Worship and Music committee are organizing a thanksgiving project in conjunction with the Salvation Army. Paper grocery bags with a list of items attached will be available each Sunday in May. Please take one and fill it with some of the items on the list and return it to the church Narthex by Sunday, May 29.
We will be taking all of the items to the local Salvation Army the first week of June to help feed individuals and families in our community. The lists include some changes from the fall project in order to focus on summer meals and the fact that more children are home during the days of summer and need easy to fix items. Thank you for your
support of this project!
ITEMS NEEDED FOR B.O.R.N.
✓ Individual Kleenex packets
✓ Travel-size hand sanitizer
✓ Small sunscreen lotion
✓ Travel-size Barbasol Shaving Cream for Men
✓ Rain Ponchos for an individual person
The items can be placed in the B.O.R.N. bin located
in the narthex.
The Salvation Army Ladies Auxiliary is still in need of colored pencils to send with the coloring books to Ukraine. Your donation of the colored pencils would be greatly appreciated. (Any boxes with 10 or 12 count … Dollar Tree has boxes of 10 pencils for 1.25. We've pretty much wiped out all those stores in our area. Walmart is also another source @ 1.22.) Please put in the B.O.R.N. bin in the narthex. Thanks!
Whoever desires, may wear red on Pentecost, June 5.
You are invited to help Gene and Bettie Luidhardt celebrate their 50th anniversary by your presence (no presents please) on June 5 from 2-4 P.M. in the auditorium.
Please thank the ladies for the lovely note they sent me—it looks like so much work going into them! Also, please tell the young man who planted the tulip bulbs for me, “thanks.” I am enjoying many nice colorful blooms on them! Mary Lou Schifer
Many thanks for the following gifts given:
. . . in memory of Carol Ann Miers to the Radio Fund by Norma Elick.
. . . in memory of Marlin Schifer to the Stained Glass Window Restoration Fund by Mark and Beverly Milheim, Douglas and Theresa Yaussy, Marilyn Gebhardt and family; to the Radio Fund by Herb and Doris Jones; to the Good Hope Preschool by Ron and Carolyn Sand and family.
Community Engagement Minister Job Description (2022)
Good Hope Lutheran Church
The Community Engagement Minister will report to the Senior Pastor and work with staff providing leadership to satisfy the following emphases:
• Design, implement, and coordinate a comprehensive intergenerational program to enrich the faith of the members of the church
• Build a spirit of fellowship with members
• Develop a spirit of evangelism and servanthood
• Grow discipleship
The Community Engagement Minister will possess the following qualities:
• Work well in a multiple staff environment
• Educate and disciple in various setting such as small groups, retreats, summer trips, special programs
• Possess an understanding of emotional, physical,
and faith development
• Demonstrate enthusiasm, active listening, and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrate strong communication, organizational,
and leadership skills
Resume required showing experience and degree(s)
Pass State and Federal mandated background checks
The Community Engagement Minister will have the following responsibilities:
• Work an average of 40 hours per week—this schedule will be coordinated with and approved by the Senior Pastor
• Be a member of a pastoral team and ministry which could include preaching and visitations
• Help plan, attend, and participate in worship services and special church events
• Participate in Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Confirmation Camp, Synod Youth Events, and Youth Events of the ELCA
• Coordinate with the Senior Pastor in teaching the
• Participate once a week with Good Hope Preschool in coordination with the Senior Pastor
• Attend weekly staff meeting
• Report to and attend Church Council meetings, Church Council Retreat, Annual Congregational Meeting, and Synod Assembly
• Serve as advisor for the Youth and Parish Education Committee with emphasis on service, fellowship, worship, learning, and discipleship
• Help organize fund raising events
• Communicate with members about upcoming events via e-mail, phone, texts, personal contact, youth bulletin board, mailings, newsletter, website, and additional social media
• Train to keep updated with new software, media sights, and outreach
• Create engagement at school and community activities
• Communicate and engage with Good Hope members who are not participating in church programs
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor as the ministry develops
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com Attn: Melinda Crall